Monday, July 11, 2011

Color Me Mine, PPC, and NO Sleep Make For A Great Time!

Oh boy, let's just talk about the GREAT 3 days I've just had! Saturday, I went to Color Me Mine with a bunch of great friends. SUCH a fun place to catch up and/or meditate! Holy cow I love this place....and another great part of going is you can make custom plates, cups, piggy banks, or whatever for your home! So cute for gifts or just for fun! I definitely suggest this for a great time or to just get in-touch with your creative side!!!
Now Sunday roles around...let's just say NO sleep was to be found! My roomie Lyndsee (commonly called by me as "Syndsee") and I were on one and I was trying to prepare my Sunday School lesson. Our bedrooms share a wall, and after chatting it up ALL NIGHT LONG, we decided to send morse code messages through the wall with scratches and taps...it was GREAT. Needless to say, I got 4 hours of sleep. While teaching Sunday School, I was experiencing an allergic reaction to gluten...yes. I know. You're sorry I can't eat wheat. Me too. I was sweating and sick....this mixed with a lack of sleep...whew, I needed a break. Sunday School went great, but I definitely left early and hurried home. Don't worry, I slept for 5 hours!! Oh my goodness it felt so good! It was exactly what I needed! But more great things were to come in the next 24 hours! A lovely Monday it has been with a great run to start my day! Now, I'm no runner...YET. But just you wait and see! I am starting to train for a half marathon. My dad is a marathon runner and I REALLY want to run one with him one day. I know it would make him proud and he would LOVE it! I will definitely keep you updated on these runs I have...too short of a distance to brag about now, but hey I'm still PROUD of myself! Best shape of my life.... HERE I COME!!! Can't wait!
Now here comes the exciting part of my day...PIZZA. Now I know, I have Celiac Disease, so HOW do I eat pizza? Well thank you Utah!! There are two GREAT places I've tried that have gluten free pizza in Provo. Malawi's is one amazing place, they have gluten free BBQ sauce which I love! But, Pizza Pie Cafe (PPC), might have outdone Malawi's this time. Malawi's is great, because each meal bought, the store donates 1 meal to Malawi, Africa. The pizza is made in a brick oven and is so yummy! It is like $10 ish, so a little pricey, but definitely worth it. They also have pasta and salad. But, PPC...wow. They did great today! Gluten free pizza and dessert pizza! It is about $7 and all you can eat! Their pizza was SO good. My goodness, I ate WAYYY too much. Good thing I ran today right?! A little counter-active but hey...once in awhile it's okay! Bob Harper says so! And talk about CRAZY! I ran into dear family friends that I haven't seen in a LONG TIME, the Anderson's, just as they were walking out and I in! I haven't seen them in forever and timing couldn't have been more perfect! Such a blessing to run into them and see them again, I just LOVE them! So all-in-all, such a fabulous weekend and a great start to the week! Love my friends I get to spend my time with up here! Such a wonderful life!

No comments:

Post a Comment