Tuesday, August 2, 2011

San Clemente

I haven't written in a long while...oops! Kinda like my journal, I forget sometimes! But I have a good excuse...I went on vacation with my family!! It was spectacular! We stayed in a beach house with all of my dad's side of the family, well most of them (only 4 of the 10 couldn't make it). It was such a great week: I got to spend lots of time with my family, but especially my grandmother. She taught me a lot about cooking and I really enjoyed spending time with her. The cousins were fun, and sooooo old!! It's so weird that everyone is growing up and getting taller! The little cousins were obsessed with the pool, and that's an understatement! If we weren't at the beach, they were in the pool. I think they only came out to eat and sleep! They screamed like crazy at all the fun games they were playing and how the older boys and uncles were throwing them across the pool. So maybe it was a good thing for them to stay outside, for all of our sanity! They were so excited about all the tricks they could do and how fast they could go down the slide, it was so great! So all in all, vaca was AMAZING! Now onto how my training is going. Well, I have trained every day for my half marathon! It scares the heck out of me. But I know I can do it! I'm getting better and stronger, so I'm hoping it pays off! My new kicks are freaking awesome too! They have definitely played a HUGE role in how well I am doing and I LOVE them! Definitely recommend them to anyone who needs new shoes. The electric blue color is way fun too and they are super comfortable while being supportive, which is what I need! They are much brighter in person than in this picture, but it still shows how somewhat how bright they are! Well, life is good in the hood, and I've got to get my booty to the gym! Hopefully it's smooth sailing cause I'm on my way to a HALF MARATHON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment